Wednesday, December 31, 2008

Christmas part 1......

We started our Christmas festivities on December 23 with a trip to Alabama to see Maw Maw and Paw Paw. It is always good to get to see them. It was nice to have Maw Maw home this year for Christmas. Mason loves sitting and rocking with his Paw Paw.

Mason also go to meet his Great Uncle Terry for the first time. They hit it off immediatly......Terry even volunteered to come and babysit :)

When we woke up on Christmas Eve morning, Paw Paw had cooked us a wonderful breakfast. It is so nice to get to spend time with them!! Mason was still getting over some sickness that he has had for a couple of weeks and was either fussy or sleeping most of the time we were in Alabama. Hopefully next time we go, he will be a happier child!!

We spent Christmas Eve in Royston with the whole family (Bill, Sandra, Erin, Jeb, Whitney, and Josh). I didn't get many pictures of our fun night since I was worried about a fussy child with a fever most of the night. This is how he spent most of the night (in grandma's arms) just how he (and she) likes it. Mason got some fun toys and clothes from everyone!! He has enjoyed playing with them since he has been feeling better. Around 9 o'clock, Mason perked up enough to play for about an hour. One funny story from the night was when we sat down for dinner. Josh started eating the corn casserole and asked if it tasted funny to anyone. I thought he was, as usual, trying to be funny until someone else said that it tasted like bananas. I still thought that it was a joke until Sandra went and looked at the Jiffy cornbread mix and saw that she had accidently gotten the Banana flavored mix.....haha! I am lucky to have married into such a wonderful family!

No comments: