Wednesday, April 15, 2009

Spring Break '09


For our Spring Break, Ben and I decided to go to Charleston for a couple of days. We left Mason at Mama Rich's house. It was so nice to get away for a couple of days. We stayed at the Francis Marion Hotel in Charleston, which is right downtown. We were in walking distance to everywhere we wanted to go. Our favorite place to eat in Charleston is Hymans....you have got to love a restaurant when they bring you boiled peanuts before you even order!! We also ate at a yummy place that we had seen featured on Rachel Rays $40 Dollars a Day. Jestines Kitchen(not too sure on the spelling) looked like a hole in the wall from the street, but it always had a long line of people outside of it. Thankfully, we got there 10 minutes before it opened and didn't have to wait too long. Inside there were reviews of the restaurant from Rachel Ray, Oprah, Southern Living, and many other magazines. Quite the tasty surprise :) It was a good thing that we walked 100 miles around Charleston while we were there. It was a little windy and cool, but it didn't stop us from seeing the sights. My favorite is looking at all of the beautiful houses and gardens on the battery. Needless to say, it was a nice mini-vacation. Since then (this is why I am so late on all of my posts) I have been working on a 31 page paper for my Ed.S......yuck.
Mama Rich was not on Spring Break the same week as we were so Aunt Tricia, Cousin Tyler, Aunt Debra, and Papa Roper helped keep Mason while Mama Rich was at school. I think Mason even took a trip to Furman to see his cousins!!

Who needs a bed when you have family to hold you??


Notice the busted lip? Yes, that is our first "boo-boo". Mason pulled a book off of a bookshelf and busted his lip. Just in time for Easter pics.....thankfully, it went away before Easter!
Thanks to the family for helping us with Mason and Sugar while we had a nice trip!!





1 comment:

Connor Family Blog said...

Love all the new posts! The haircut is adorable. I guess I'll need to do that soon for our little lady. She has such long hair! I am glad y'all got to do something fun for spring break. Remember the days of skiing out west for spring break? OH how things have changed. I can't believe Mason is walking!!! Miss y'all.