skip to main |
skip to sidebar
Anna Claire is here!!!
After a day of walking around the zoo, and a night of cleaning 4 bathrooms (just because it HAD to be done in my mind before I went to bed), I finally went to sleep around 10:30. At 11:00, my water broke. I wasn't expecting this to happen since I had just been to the doctor on Thursday and he said that I still had not "progressed" enough to induce. He even gave me the go ahead to go to the zoo for the day. Anyway, we gathered our things together and got Mason (in his reindeer PJ's) and headed to the hospital. I was not having any contractions that I could feel, just a little back ache (which could have been from the cleaning or zoo). When we got to the hospital, they would not let us bring Mason into the rooms because their were several cases of the flu and H1N1. Thankfully, we had called my mom and Ben only had to wait in the waiting room with Mason for about an hour. Once they got my IV started and my blood work done, I was able to get my epidural and rest for the night. I had a GREAT epidural.....no pain at all! Apparently, I was already having contractions when they hooked me up to the monitor (this may explain the back ache). At 9:00 in the morning the doctor arrived and at 9:11, Anna Claire was born. She was 6 lbs. 14 oz and 19.75 inches long.....with a head full of hair! Everything was great.....I can't complain at all....even the weather on Sunday was warm!!
The proud daddy after Anna Claire was born!
Bathing beauty....one side note.....they wanted to give her to me right after she delivered. However, I kindly asked them to clean her up before I held her. The doctor said he didn't blame me :)
Sleeping in the hospital!
Getting tired of waiting for her pictures in the hospital! I just love this outfit Sandra bought her!
Getting ready to head home from the hospital. We only had to stay for one night and got to go home Monday afternoon since mother and baby were doing well!
3 comments:
I'm so glad you updated - I've been dying to hear the birth story! She's beautiful - and you look too good to have just had a baby! Glad to hear everything is going well! Love ya and hope to see you soon!
Congrats she is so cute!
What an adorable little girl!!! She's so cute. :-). Sounds like the whole labor process was pretty easy.... Is it two the second one is lots easier than the first? That's sure what I'm hoping for!!!
Post a Comment