Sunday, November 16, 2008

3 Games in 24 Hours.....

Game 1: Flowery Branch vs. Stephens County 7:30


We had a very busy weekend!! Friday night, Flowery Branch played at Stephens County for the first round of the playoffs. It was such an exciting game and Flowery Branch came away with the big win 42-21!! We had fun sitting in the drizzling rain :)
Mason and Ben after the big win!!


Game 2: Clemson vs. Duke 12:00

On Saturday, we went to the Clemson vs. Duke game. It was Clemson's homecoming and they finally won a game :)

I know this picture may seem a little random, but there is a story behind it. As a child, I always looked forward to Clemson's homecoming. Yes, I enjoyed watching the game....yes, I enjoyed watching the cheerleaders....yes, I enjoyed looking at the floats and seeing the homecoming queen.....but there was one thing that made homecoming special.....the alumni band. Every year, they play Tiger Rag with the current band during the halftime show. I am not sure why I get a kick out of this...maybe it is because there are always old majorettes, or maybe the fact that there are always 4 or 5 drum majors.......or it maybe that it never fails that the alumni band plays Tiger Rag faster than the current band and they are never together. I am not sure what it is....but it something that I look forward to. I thought I was alone in this enjoyment until my Aunt Tricia asked me how the alumni band did....apparently, she enjoys it for the same reasons that I do....haha!!


What do you expect.....3 games in 24 hours....the child will sleep wherever he can....


Game 3: Furman vs. Georgia Southern 3:00


In order to make it to the third game, we had to leave the Clemson game a little early. Take a look at the picture above.....this made me laugh......only at Furman would they have the graphical equation for the "Diamond F" painted on the football field.


This was the coldest game of them all....It is a good thing Mason was bundled up!!



I think that Mason was the warmest person in the stadium....here is a picture of him taking a bottle in the blustery weather!!


Furman couldn't pull out the big win.....so sad.


My child...you may sleep now.....we are finished until Friday :) Football season only comes once a year.







2 comments:

Vanessa said...

Mason has to be the most easy-going child I have ever seen! I don't think I could sit in the cold for 3 games in 24 hours :)

Welcome to Walker's Blog! said...

Mason gets cuter by the minute. I can't wait to see you all at Thanksgiving. GranMommy would be so proud!!