Monday, February 28, 2011

Mason Third Birthday (A month later)

I can't believe that Mason has already turned three. It seems like he was just an infant and I was adjusting to being a new mother to such a wonderful baby. Mason has brought so much joy to our lives over the past three years. It is amazing how much a child can change over the course of a year. Mason can recognize all of his ABC's, count to 30, spit out his toothpaste (I know, it's the little things), use the potty on his own, and he has learned how to be the best big brother. He is so sweet to Anna Claire and she just thinks he is the coolest thing ever! Mason enjoys watching Mickey Mouse Clubhouse, Thomas, Chuggington, and an occasional Handy Manny. He sleeps with half of Disney World, but Donald is his favorite. He rubs the tag on Donald's leg before he falls asleep.

This year for Mason's birthday party, I decided to do a train theme since Mason enjoys trains. I was pleased with all of the decorations I made for the party.









A funny story about these cookies. Sandra always makes such cute cookies and she made these "M" cookies for the party. Without thinking about it, I set them on the table with the other food. About five minutes later, I noticed that Mason's mouth was a little colored. I then realized that a little rat (named Mason) had gotten into the cookies.....I then saw a very guilty look on my child's face......priceless.




My sweet college roomie, Vanessa, came and celebrated Mason's birthday and brought her kids. I love that Bear and Mason are about 2 months apart in age. Of course, it is impossible to get a picture of the two of them cooperating.


Paw Paw came all the way from the great state of Alabama (with the help of Sandra) to celebrate the big day!




We were so excited to have Molly and Papa Rich come from South Carolina!

I guess we will work on chewing with our mouth closed this year....
This year, Mason was all about people singing Happy Birthday to him and he did a great job blowing out his candles. Last year, he tried to blow them out with his nose......good thing he figured out how to blow with his mouth :)
Once again, we should probably work on not touching the cake that everyone will be eating. He just wanted me to know that he wanted the piece with the train wheel!
After we got finished eating, Mason went over and sat with the gifts without being told to do so. I guess he knows that he has to get his picture taken before opening them. I am also guessing that he has seen us put a bow in Anna Claire's hair one too many times.....
Bear's sister, Lily, loved Anna Claire. Lily is so sweet and was great with Mason and Anna Claire!
The next few pictures, we have some crazy smiles coming from the birthday boy.....

Cousin Ashley and Tyler helping Mason open his toys!



I just love this picture. I found these two boys sitting in the wagon full of balls and each of them was holding one.....typical boys! I tried to take pictures of everyone that came, but I missed one of Debra, Tricia, Mike, Vanessa, Kate, and Ryan.....so sorry....but you did get credit for attendance :) Thank you all for coming and spending this special day with us!

2 comments:

Amanda Lockhart said...

looks like fun!

Welcome to Walker's Blog! said...

Ugh, I'm so jealous of Vanessa living so close:):) What a great thing to be able to celebrate the kiddos birthdays together!

Great pics.
Love ya!