Wednesday, March 9, 2011

Nothing Could Be Finer.......

.......Than to be in Carolina in the morning. Just some quick lyrics from a song we learned at Girl's State when I was in high school. I wish there was one for Georgia (because I really love living in Georgia).....I guess it could be Midnight Train to Georgia. Anyhoo, that is besides the point. A couple of weekends ago, we spent a nice weekend in South Carolina. Here are some pictures from our visit.


Anna Claire enjoying her first sink bath at Mama Rich's house....




Doesn't this make you want to buy Johnson's Baby Wash??



On Saturday, we went to the new Children's Museum in Greenville. This was the first children's museum that I had ever been to and we had a lot of fun! We had met Debra at Dukes (oh how I miss you) for lunch and she was brave enough to come along with us!



One area in the museum was a grocery store. I loved the miniature shopping carts and how the area was configured like a real grocery store. When it was time for Mason to check out, he decided he didn't want anything since he didn't have any coupons :) One thing I didn't like about this was that they were in charge of putting the groceries back when finished shopping. However, Mason got distracted with something else and guess who got stuck putting everything away.












How cool is the life-size Light Bright!!


Funny story behind this picture......when we told Mason to brush the teeth, he started to stick the toothbrush in his mouth. Thankfully, we caught him before it when in the mouth.....gross.


My favorite area of the museum was the water room. They had a water table formed like the Reedy River for the big kids to play at. Mason had a great time putting his boat at the top of the river and watching it float down to the bottom. I think he and Anna Claire could have spent the day just in this area.



There was also a water table that was perfect for Anna Claire. She had the best time splashing her hands in the water!





After getting her sleeves completely soaked, we decided to strip her down....


Mason (and mom, Mama Rich, and Debra) also enjoyed the music room.....



Random picture.....Mason saw a statue outside of the museum and wanted his picture taken...


After we left the museum, we headed to downtown Greenville and ate some yummy food at Sticky Fingers.....


and we also met up with cousin Ashley at the Reedy River Bridge....so pretty!



We finished off the day with some ice cream from Spill the Beans....yuummmmm!!






2 comments:

Vanessa said...

"Nothing could be sweeter than my sweetie..." - gotta love Girls State!
I hope sweet Anna Claire had a great birthday week! I love the pics from the museum - we've been to the one in columbia a few times, but the Greenville one looks great too! Hate we missed the party today but look forward to seeing all the pictures! Love ya!

moppy said...

It's been a long time since I've seen your blog and I was excited to see how much the children have grown and changed. Now you know they can't possibly get any sweeter or beautiful-because they are already there. You make having two babies look like a breeze and we know that is a hard feat and worth every minute of it. KOKO all you're doing because you're doing it right. They are so precious. love you