Wednesday, February 2, 2011

Snowmageddon - 2011

I am so behind on my blogging....I guess I won't get the blogger of the year award. I will try to catch up on my blogs over the next week!!
By now, this is old news to you, but we had a huge snow storm several weeks ago. For over a week, the forecasters were talking about how there was a possibility of having a "historical snowfall". I was super excited about the possibility of all of this snow. Let me set the scene.....it's Sunday night (when the snow is supposed to start), and Desperate Housewives is over (10:00) and I go outside and there is nothing. During that time I saw the news and the Atlanta airport is covered in snow.....still, nothing in the Branch. Fast forward 15 minutes, snow is coming down like CRAZY! I almost felt like I was in Colorado. We probably got over 2 inches in an hour. Thankfully, Gwinnett County was nice enough to call off school that night (this is rare.....we normally have to wake up early to check the news). I was also glad that I was prepared with groceries!!

When Mason woke up the next morning, we told him to look out the window. He gasped really loud and said "I can wear my new snow boots!" (yes, he got new snow boots, but they can also double as rain boots...and I am glad he got them). We quickly put on some clothes to head outside to play while Ben stayed inside and cooked us breakfast!

The street outside of our house was pretty popular. I was glad that mom had brought us a snow disc that weekend. It was nice to have a fun hill, but not so nice when it was nap time (and the kids were still outside and screaming). Mason and I had fun sledding down the hill with all the other kids and their parents. We didn't keep Anna Claire outside too much, so we had to take turns staying inside with her.


Mason trying out his new boots in the snow. I can't remember how many inches we had but I think it was between 6 and 8. I really don't care how much we had....it was enough to keep us out of school for the week!!

Ben and Mason enjoying the snow!

As you can tell, Anna Claire was thrilled to be outside.....She can get over it, because I had to get a picture of her looking cute in her snow gear!





I didn't get a picture of the house right after the snow, but this was 4 days after the snow.

Still not thrilled about being outside...


I can't believe how long the snow stayed around....we were still outside playing in it on Thursday.


After being couped up in the house for 4 days, Ben decided he was going to shovel the driveway so we could get out of the house later that day.



It was so nice having a week off and being able to spend the week together at home. This is very rare in our house because of our schedules. I don't care if there is now a 9 week period of school without breaks because that week was great!

No comments: