Tuesday, January 4, 2011

I guess Santa didn't get stuck.....

The week before Christmas, all Mason could talk about was Santa getting stuck in the "chimbly". His teacher, Mrs. Glenda, had read them a book about Santa getting stuck in the chimney and this apparently made an impression on Mason. We got home late on Christmas Eve from Alabama but we still had to make some cookies for Santa! Mason seemed pretty excited and kept on talking about seeing Rudolph in the sky!


The next morning, we actually had to wake Mason up around 9:00 to go see if Santa came to visit. Apparently, Santa didn't get stuck in our "chimbly".

Mason had been talking about wanting a Thomas the Train, Buzz, and a Christmas Barbie (I think he heard this at school.....pretty sure he doesn't know what a Barbie is). He was sooooo excited about all of the things that Santa brought him!

Looks like daddy was excited about Santa's gifts too!
Anna Claire loved all of her Santa goodies!


How did Santa know that we used those for potty treats?
Santa also brought Mason a scooter! I was surprised that he already knew how to ride a scooter!
This is the first time we have ever spent Christmas morning at home. We got to start some holiday traditions of our own this year. After looking at what Santa brought, we ate sausage casserole for breakfast and listened to the Spellman College Glee Club on TV (hahaha....seriously.....and this is now part of our tradition)!

You can see Mason and Anna Claire's excitement! Around lunch, we got ready and headed to Seneca to spend the rest of the day with my family. Stay tuned for more pictures from our Christmas in Seneca.....I took some cute ones!

2 comments:

Vanessa said...

I love all the cute pictures! It looks like y'all had such a fun Christmas morning! How did Mason like his train table??

Welcome to Walker's Blog! said...

Why didn't Mason get his Christmas barbie?? All of the pictures are great. The train table is awesome..good job Santa! You are so lucky to be able to start your own tradition and also be able to drive to see your mom. Yes, phone date soon. Happy Birthday month to Mason. I can't believe we have almost 3yr olds...oh my!!