Thursday, June 3, 2010

Summer Time!!

One of the nice perks of being a teacher is that we get time off during the summer time!! Although, I will say that this past school year has been one of the fastest. I really enjoyed teaching at my new school this past year....it makes a huge difference going from an hour drive each way to a 20 minute drive each way!
Our neighborhood pool opened up a couple of weeks ago and we have enjoyed our afternoon trips to swim. I haven't taken my camera out to the pool because there has been no time for pictures between chasing a daring and curious 2 year old and tending to a 3 month old. I had to take pictures before we went out to the pool!

Anna Claire was not happy when I put her in the car seat. We have not gotten her in the pool yet because I feel like the water is still a little cool. Hopefully we will get her in the pool in the next couple of weeks!

Mason looks guilty in this picture....not too sure why...

We had an accident last week. Mason was walking down the stairs with a big ball and fell down and hit his head on the iron rails. He got a big goose egg on his forehead. If you look closely, you can still see where it is still bruised. I am sure this will not be the last time something like this will happen.



I can't believe how fast Anna Claire is growing....she is already 3 months! She is sleeping through the nights and even slept until 8:30 one morning!! I am finally feeling like I am getting some rest! She still sleeps a lot during the morning and early afternoon but every day she is becoming more alert! She LOVES her swing and also loves to be on the floor so she can kick her feet.....we can only do this when big brother Mason isn't being crazy!


It is almost impossible to get him to sit still for a picture..... We have started Operation Potty Train at our house this week. Apparently, Mason was already potty trained at school but we didn't really bother with it much at home. I figured it would be hard to take him to the potty every 30 minutes and tend to a newborn. He has done okay with it. We have a glass jar of M&M's as treats for using the potty......sometimes even mommy and daddy get a treat when they use the potty!

Ben and I are going the big city of Atlanta for a couple of nights this weekend. This will be the first time that I have left Anna Claire for an extended amount of time. Hopefully, I have enough milk stored up for her!! It will be nice for me and Ben to spend time together and be able to eat a meal in peace!!


5 comments:

Welcome to Walker's Blog! said...

Diana- I see you so much in Mason's guilty picture. I can't believe how big Anna Claire is getting. Love the goldfish line:)I hope you and Ben have a wonderful getaway...you deserve it!! We will eventually catch each other...phone tag is NO fun!

"Cookie" said...

I hear you on leaving the little ones on the floor while big brothers are acting crazy!! :) My poor child spends most of his time in his swing. We're getting ready to start potty training....any tips that work, let me know! I'm dreading it honestly.

Vanessa said...

Have a great weekend away! I love the new pictures and really do want to plan a day to come visit Mason and Anna Claire (and you too :) )

Connor Family Blog said...

Love all the pictures!! Mason and Anna Claire are beautiful children! Hope to see y'all soon! Let's plan a trip to the aquarium soon!

Connor Family Blog said...

Love all the pictures!! Mason and Anna Claire are beautiful children! Hope to see y'all soon! Let's plan a trip to the aquarium soon!