Monday, June 21, 2010

Feeling HOT HOT HOT!!

Last week, we were definitely feeling HOT HOT HOT! Last Sunday morning, we woke up and our upstairs air conditioner had stopped working. We weren't too worried about it getting hot since our downstairs air was working. However, our house began to quickly heat up. After a day or so, our downstairs began to get just as hot as our upstairs. We spent 2 nights sleeping downstairs....Mason and Ben in the guest bedroom, Anna Claire in the swing, and me on the couch (Ben would have hung off of the couch!!) Thankfully, a repairman came and fixed our AC on Wednesday afternoon and the part that was broken was still under warranty! Our downstairs AC had frozen since it was trying to cool the whole house. We were very grateful to get it back working!!



Every Saturday night during the month of June, our neighborhood has a summer concert. We went last Saturday for the Beach/Oldies music! Mason had a lot of fun running around with all of the other kids while the music played!



In order to beat the heat, we have spent about every afternoon at the pool! Mason always wakes up and says "swimming pool today?" "take a nap and go swimming pool?" I am thankful that Ben is able to go with me most every afternoon. There is no way I could do it on my own!



Mason as become quite the little fish these days. He likes to spend as much time underwater as he does above water. He is doing well with his swimming. We have to really keep an eye on him since he is always going underwater.......no fear at all.



I love that our pool has water spouts for the kids to play in during the lifeguard breaks.





Mason loves for Ben to throw him and catch him in the pool. Daddy does a lot better at throwing than mom does.....


Two weeks ago was the first time we got Anna Claire in the pool. She really likes the water and usually goes to sleep while we are in the water!


Now that Anna Claire is starting to play with toys, Mason has decided that he also wants to play with some of his old baby toys....




This past weekend, I went to Seneca for several days. During our trip, we went to visit my Papa Rich. We don't get to see him very often since he and Molly are quite the travelers.....you would never know that he is 89!


Mason would not cooperate and get in any of the pictures while we were at Papa Rich and Molly's house.



During our trip to Seneca, we also got to spend a lot of time in mom's pool. Debra came most of the days and helped us out.....I love having extra hands and I actually got to take a snooze out by the pool!! I could not believe that Mason decided to jump off of my mom's diving board without any of us encouraging him to do so. He doesn't wear swimmies or anything. I was a little nervous about him jumping, but we had 2 former life guards (mom and Debra) in the pool to catch him when he jumped.



Anna Claire is becoming more and more aware of her surroundings every day!




Mason loves to give his sister kisses!




Worn out after an afternoon of swimming!




I didn't get a picture of Ben with the kids for Father's day. Mason and Anna Claire are so lucky to have such a great dad. Ben does a great job with them! Mason wakes up every morning and says "Dad's a football porch"....I think he combines practice and coach. I just love how Mason imitates Ben!



Anna Claire on Father's Day on her way to see Papa.




Sunday evening, we went to visit my grandfather in the nursing home. He fell the week after Mother's Day and lost mobility in his legs. He is currently in a nursing home doing rehab. I love this picture of Mason kissing Papa.






1 comment:

Welcome to Walker's Blog! said...

Enjoyed catching up last night! It's always nice to know you are going through the same things:) and I'm not the only one going crazy:) The pictures are awesome of the kiddos. Anna Claire is absolutely the cutest little thing and we might as well start calling Mason, "Mr. Tan Man".

Love you girl...thanks for being my best friend for so many years!!