Thursday, May 13, 2010

Mother's Day

These days, I feel like I don't have time to breathe, much less sit down and blog. Life with two is busy, especially since I started back to work several weeks ago. Thankfully, Ben's mom is staying and keeping Mason and Anna Claire while I am work. I know it is tiring work for her, but we sure do appreciate her help! For Mother's Day, we spent the day in Seneca with my family. This year, I do not get the Mother of the Year award. Anna Claire had been a little fussy at church on Sunday. When I was taking pictures after lunch, I found the culprit. We found a straight pin under her arm on her outfit. I am sure that led to her fussiness. My mom told me that when I was a baby I cried one Sunday morning and when she got home from church, she also found a straight pin in my dress. These are the things you learn when having a girl......I haven't found any straight pins in Mason's clothes. Note to self - check all of Anna Claire's clothes for straight pins from now on.



I was never able to get both kids together for a Mother's Day picture, so I had to settle for separate pictures. Anna Claire is growing so quickly. She weighed 11 pounds 6 ounces at her 8 week appointment and was 21.75 inches long. She is starting to coo and smile. I love to see her little personality developing. This past week, she slept through the night (11-6:30) for the first time. I almost woke up in a panic when I got a full night of rest!


Mama Rich and Anna Claire.


Mason played so hard outside on Mother's Day afternoon. At one point, he disappeared into the house and opened the refrigerator, found the apple juice and brought it and a cup out for us to pour for him.




Mason has had to grow up so much quicker since Anna Claire has been born. He is really doing well with her and loves to give "baby Anna Chair" kisses. However, there are a few times when he wants all of the attention and tells us "baby Anna Chair Swing". He is growing so quickly. He has done a great job being able to identify colors, shapes, most of the alphabet letters, and counting. He still likes to watch Mickey Mouse Clubhouse all of the time. His poor knees stay skinned up from playing so hard outside. I finally bought the Neasporin spray that you keep in your pocketbook.



Debra also came spent the day with us.



I also had fun pulling out my old mini-tramp for Mason to jump on. I used to spend many hours playing on it....it was the closest thing to a big trampoline that I had! Mason also took to the trampoline and enjoyed bouncing on it.

Each Mother's Day is special. I have been blessed with a wonderful mother, wonderful grandmothers, a great mother-in-law, and two aunts who were also motherly figures. I hope I am as good as a mother to Mason and Anna Claire as they were to me.

4 comments:

Amanda Lockhart said...

ahhh i'd give you an award any day! glad things are well!

Vanessa said...

You're a fantastic mother! I love the new pictures - the kids are just beautiful! The countdown to summer break is on and I know you can't wait for a break!

Welcome to Walker's Blog! said...

You made my afternoon. Anna Claire is beautiful and we need to get the boys together in their matching outfits...so cute!! Thank goodness for Sandra...what a blessing. Much love!!

"Cookie" said...

What a beautiful little girl you have! I feel you as far as not having enough time to do the "extras". It is kind of sad how our oldest had to just "grow up" all of a sudden... makes me feel bad at times.

Hope all is well with you guys and from the pictures looks like it is.