We have gotten back into the swing of things since school has started back. I have been busy with my Ed.S. degree and starting my last class before I graduate in May! I will be presenting my thesis on "How does physical activity affect student achievement?" in April to some Georgia Southern faculty. It will be a relief to finally get it over with and graduate. In the next couple of months, I will be doing data collection and analysis and finishing writing up my thesis. I have done the majority of the introduction, literature review and writing up the methodology. I won't know what to do when I don't have some type of school work to worry about!
A couple of weeks ago, we got enough snow to cancel school for a day. It was nice to spend the day at home (although Ben's school didn't cancel) with Mason. I got his picture when it first started falling (above).
I haven't posted much on my pregnancy because I really haven't had too much time to think about it. The last week of school before Christmas break, I indulged in WAY too much Christmas candy/goodies. Not really thinking about it, I went in for my blood-glucose test the following Monday (before Christmas) and got a call saying I needed to come back in for the 3-hour test to screen for gestational diabetes. I was almost 99% sure that I failed the first test due all the junk I ate before the first test. Anyway, I went in for my 3-hour test at the beginning of January. It was awful being at the doctors office for 3 hours with an empty stomachand getting my blood drawn 4 times! Thankfully, this test came back with a normal reading and everything is okay. This past Tuesday, I went in for my 32 week appointment and I was going to have a 3D/4D ultrasound done. When the doctor measured me with the tape measure, he said that I was measuring a little small (2 weeks small) but it was nothing to worry about. I told him that I was going to do an ultrasound after I saw him and he said that he would write that I was measuring small to date and insurance would cover it (which is nice since the 3D/4D cost $150). When the lady did my ultrasound, she said the baby was anything but small....in fact, the baby was a week ahead of my due date in size. She said I was very fortunate in how I carry babies (which made me feel good since I am feeling large and in charge these days). I wasn't too worried because the same thing happened when I was pregnant with Mason. We didn't get any good pictures because she is already head down and facing my spine. So far, I have gained about 22 pounds....hopefully, there won't be too much more to gain in the next 8 (7 if they let me induce) weeks. Other than that, there is not much to tell. Oh, we have decided on a name....drum roll......Anna Claire (we will call her by the double name). Oh, and you can keep on waiting for those belly pictures.....
The past two weeks, I have been teaching dancing and square dancing at school. It has been a little difficult staying on beat with the Cupid Shuffle, Cha Cha Slide and Electric Slide but I think it has been good to stay active. Next week will be exciting and I will have pictures to post since Ben's birthday is on Friday and Mason's 2nd birthday is on Saturday! I can't believe that my baby is almost 2!
Well, if you are still reading this, then I guess you care (or are wasting time at home/work) what we have been up to for the past several weeks! I hope I didn't bore you to tears with my stories!! Have a great week!!
6 comments:
Enjoyed our talk this week! I love Anna Claire. Too bad it couldn't be Anna Brooke:) Maybe the next one, right? I know you must be looking forward to the exciting events coming up. Happy Early Birthday to that sweet little boy! Oh, and Ben too:)
Much love to you!!!
Love that name!
Oh how exciting! I love the name you chose. No really, I do :) I've always wanted to name my little girl (if I have one)Hannah Claire and have a double name. Claire got ruled out by Wes though....sigh. I hope the next few weeks go smoothly for you and we'll certainly be praying for an easy delivery!
Glad to see the update - and that you passed the 3 hour screen! I know you are so anxious for sweet Anna Claire to arrive. I can't wait to see Mason as a big brother, he's going to do great!!
Glad everything is going well! Love the name...so cute! I love double names. Hang in there, gurrrll!
Girl, you could never bore me! I love hearing what you're up to. Anna Claire is gorgeous. I can't wait to meet her. Happy early birthday to Ben and Mason. What a big boy!
Post a Comment