Sunday, November 15, 2009

Pumpkins and such.......

Before Halloween, I got the bright idea to take Mason to pick apples. I had wanted to take him to a place in South Carolina where I used to go when I was a child. However, between football games and work, we didn't have time for a field trip. I was told by some people I work with that there was a place to pick apples that was only about 20 minutes from our house. One afternoon, I picked Mason up from school and we headed to the "apple orchard". When we arrived, I went to the lady working and asked her where to go to pick apples. She so kindly told me that the public was not allowed to pick apples but pointed me in the direction of the apples they sold. I was a little crushed but we got a bag full of apples, fried apple pies, and some apple butter. We also got to take a few pictures with their pumpkins.
Could you imagine carving this pumpkin?
The pumpkin fairy also came to visit Mason's school. Each year, the kids sprinkle fairy dust outside. When they arrive the next morning, the fairy has made pumpkins appear everywhere! The picture above is Mason posing with his pumpkin! He seemed to think it was some type of ball and tried to roll it and throw it.

Ben, Mason and I traveled to Alabama on Halloween. Ben's dear grandmother, Maw Maw, passed away after being sick for almost two years. We miss her dearly, but we know she is in a better place. During our trip, we did enjoy seeing our family. Mason's cousin, Kaylin, is exactly a year younger than he is. She is becoming more fun for him to play with!


Erin and I decided to dress the kids in their costumes for some pictures. Kaylin was a pea in the pod and Mason was Mickey. We couldn't get the kids to sit still enough for a good picture!



1 comment:

Welcome to Walker's Blog! said...

I'm hysterical! Mason is the cutest MICKEY MOUSE I have ever seen!! Good luck on Friday night. I know you guys must be so excited. Go Ben!!