Thursday, August 6, 2009

Just because I didn't post anything in July......

.......doesn't mean that we didn't do anything fun!!




Mason, Mama Rich, Papa, Debra and I took a trip to Tampa to see the Hudsons in early July. It was a lot of fun visiting everyone! Here are some pictures from our trip.....







Mason loved playing with his cousin Tyler. After watching all of the big kids play Rock Band, Mason decided he wanted to play the drums while Tyler played the guitar.







During our trip to Florida, we got to do a lot of fun things. One day, we decided to head over to Clearwater.




Mason really enjoyed walking around on the beach and playing in the sand. By the end of the day, he was covered from head to toe in sand. One funny story from the day is that while we were eating our lunch on the beach, the seagulls came down an grabbed the food out of our hands. We finally learned to cover our sandwiches with a plastic baggy between bites. One of my pet peeves is when people feed the birds on the beach.....because someone always ends up getting pooped on. We were not even trying to feed them, just wanted to eat in peace.







We went to Orlando to the outlets and to Downtown Disney. Here is Mason at the Lego Store.



What is a trip to Florida without going to Magic Kingdom? We had a perfect day at the Magic Kingdom. The day started off with light rain, so there was hardly anyone in the park. I think the longest we waited was 10 minutes for a ride. Mason enjoyed riding most of the rides (with exception of Thunder Mountain Railroad and Splash Mountain). His favorite rides were the carousel and Dumbo.

Mason was so good at Disney. I know he won't remember the trip....but kids do get in free under the age of 2 (maybe 3). Ben and I look forward to taking him when he gets older so he can really enjoy and understand Disney.

Papa with all his "gals". I know my grandmother would be proud of us "dragging" my grandfather all over Florida. I am not sure if the Carousel or the Hall of Presidents was his favorite. Note - if you go to Disney, STAY AWAY from the people on the motorized wheelchairs. I got ran over in the Hall of Presidents by some lady who didn't know how to work her brakes.

My little Mouseketeer before the Parade of Lights and Fireworks.
We have also enjoyed spending time as a family this month. Ben has been busy with football but we have managed to take a trip together to Greenville and attend my 10 year high school reunion. It was nice to see all of my friends!! We have both started back to school and are starting to get in a routine again. Although I hate for summer to come to an end, I love that football will be here before we know it!!


3 comments:

Vanessa said...

I'm so glad you finally posted! Mason is getting so big! I could just squeeze him to pieces! Glad you had such a great summer - it definitely has flown by!

Welcome to Walker's Blog! said...

OMG, no worries...I'm breathing again and I've got a little bump on my head from passing out at my desk, but I'm okay:)

YOU POSTED...YEAH!! I love seeing new Mason pictures. His hair has gotten so blonde. I don't know if he could possibly get anymore cuter. Thanks for sharing. Love you!!

moppy said...

Oh, these photos are so good. I'm happy that your GF Roper was able
to go.I know that meant so much to you aunts and your mother and also especially to him. I've told Brooke that memories are the treasures of life- God is so good to us to be able to smile and recollect on our lives. Mason is a gorgeous little boy-and he does have a sweet personality that makes you proud. Thanks for blogging. Know that you are special to me, too. Love- Moppy