Happy Father's Day!!! We celebrated Father's Day in Seneca. We went to church and then out to eat with Mama Rich, Debra, and Papa! After lunch, Ben and I took a much needed nap while we had some babysitters! Mason knew exactly what his dad wanted for Father's Day.....a leaf vacuum!! Mason is so lucky to have such a great dad!
The Monday after Father's Day, Ben and I went down to Savannah. Neither one of us had spent much time in Savannah before and we really enjoyed the city.
Do you recognize this? Does this help....."Mama always said".....Correct, this is where Forrest Gump sat on the park bench (although the park bench is now removed and you have to pay $10 to get into the visitor center museum to see it).
How about this church.....do you recognize it? This is where the feather started falling in the movie Forrest Gump.

Savannah has the most beautiful squares. Ben and I took a tour around the city and learned a lot of history of the "most haunted city" (a ghost tour will be on our next trip). The picture above is from Saint John the Baptist Cathedral. It was one of the most beautiful church's that I have ever been in.
Ben and I stayed at the Marriott Riverwalk. This was the view from our balcony. I forgot to mention the Riverwalk, which had lots of great restaurants and shops.
We enjoyed watching the huge barges go by!
We weren't able to eat at Paula Deen's restaurant because it booked so quickly. They start taking names at 9:30 a.m and you pretty much have to get there at 8:00 to get on the list. We tried for two days, and on the second day we got there at 10:00 and the earliest seating was at 8:45 (which would have been perfect, but we were leaving that day). Maybe next time we will get to eat at the Lady and Sons. The picture above is actually where the Lady and Son's started and people would wait 5 hours in line to eat there.....crazy.
Savannah was a lot of fun but we were ready to get to Mama Rich's to pick up Mason. It was a relaxing couple of days, but we missed our little boy.
No comments:
Post a Comment