skip to main |
skip to sidebar
Hot Air Balloon Festival
Last weekend, our neighborhood had a hot air balloon festival. I was pretty excited about going to it since they had been hyping it up for so long. The festival kicked-off with a hot air balloon launch early Saturday morning. We did not make that event......our house all slept until 10:00 since we were up so late the night before at an away football game. Apparently, they launched around 15 or so hot air balloons. Later during the day, I took Mason and Anna Claire down to the festival. After taking a stroll through, I quickly realized that it would be hard for me to manage the both of them while Mason did some of the fun things. After getting a couple of pictures of the two of them, I took them home and later brought Mason back and left Anna Claire with Ben. Mason and I had a lot of fun. Mason got to paint a pumpkin, jump in a bouncy house, do a football throw and eat popcorn. I would have enjoyed taking him on the hay ride but didn't want to wait in the long line! While we were there, we got to watch 7 hot air balloons give tethered balloon rides (I thought Mason was still a little young for going up in the balloon). When it started to get dark, they did a balloon glow where the balloons were illuminated with the propane. It was beautiful!
Mason loved getting to sit in the seat of the fire truck.
Posing in the pumpkin patch.
I had the bright idea to take them in the red wagon. If you have ever been in our neighborhood, you would understand that it was not one of my best judgement calls. We have a HUGE hill in our neighborhood and it took everything I had to pull them back up the hill!
I am glad that we got to spend such a fun day in our neighborhood. Mason still talks about seeing the hot air balloons, the fire, painting pumpkins, jumping, and eating popcorn! I hope this festival becomes an annual event!
No comments:
Post a Comment