Thursday, September 16, 2010

Apple Pickin' and Fun with Friends

We had a great time over the long Labor Day weekend spending time with some family and friends. Last year, I really wanted to take Mason to pick apples. However, when we got to the apple farm, they did not allow the public to go in the orchard. So this year, apple pickin' was on my priority list. I was excited when my Aunt Tricia said that she was taking Tyler to pick apples and I asked if we could tag along. It was a perfect day to go and pick apples. We went early in the season and early in the morning to avoid the crowds.




Mama Rich showing Mason how to twist and pull.




Tricia and Tyler posing in the orchard.


Anna Claire hanging out in the orchard.




Mason did a good job picking the apples although he wanted to pick the smallest apples. That was fine by me as long as he wasn't picking up the rotten apples off the ground.



Tyler and Mason would quickly get board at a tree and would move on to another.



During the long weekend, Mason also got to swim with his friend, Walker. Walker's mom, Brooke, and I grew up together and have remained great friends. I am glad that the two boys are so close in age so they can play together from time to time.



This was an awkward hug between the two!



Brooke got to love on Anna Claire during her visit. After 10 tries, we finally got a picture with her eyes open (and I am not talking about Anna Claire).


We can't wait to visit Walker at his home, Myrtle Beach!

2 comments:

Welcome to Walker's Blog! said...

Our visits together are always so fun and special! Thank you for having us over to swim. And, I enjoyed taking 10 trillion photos with Anna Claire:) It was all planned....LOL!!

Vanessa said...

Apple picking looks like so much fun! I may just have to try that! I love all the new pictures! I hope your busy fall season of football games is going well - let's catch up soon!