Tuesday, November 30, 2010

Happy Thanksgiving

We had a wonderful, yet busy, Thanksgiving break. Ben and I were lucky to have the whole week off from school this year. We started the week off on Monday when we went to Furman to hear Blake's senior recital. I had never heard him sing before and he has a wonderful voice! I was the proud cousin after hearing his concert. I will laugh because the girls who kept Mason and Anna Claire during the concert lived in the same apartment, F, that I lived in. Never did I imagine that I would be carrying my two children down the same sidewalk out of that apartment!
On Tuesday, we loaded up the car and headed to Alabama to see Ben's family. Sandra always makes Mason the cutest cookies for our visits......and I will have to post a picture of the cute outfits she made Anna Claire! We enjoyed spending time with Anmaw, Papa, Paw and Paw. On Wednesday, we got to have our first Thanksgiving dinner with Ben's family and some of his extended family. After eating the yummy dinner, we loaded up and headed back to Georgia. I can't believe that I didn't take a single picture while we were in Alabama.....I will do better at Christmas time.
On Thanksgiving morning, we woke up and watched the Macy's Thanksgiving Day Parade as a family. This was so much fun and Mason really got into watching the different bands, "hot air balloons", and he really enjoyed seeing Santa at the end. Ben was in a rather cheerful mood and volunteered to put up our Christmas tree. After getting our tree up, we drove to Seneca to see my family.
Our first meal on Thanksgiving was at my Uncle Graham and Karen's lake house on Lake Keowee. We don't get to see them very often and it was nice spending the afternoon with them. Karen fixed a nice spread of yummy food!


Papa Rich, Anna Claire, and Mom


For dinner, we ate in Seneca with the rest of the crew.




Mason with some leftover food on his face.....


Debra helping Mason on the stilts!


I love this picture because it explains why Mason's shirts are dirty after meals......


Anna Claire is not eating too much table food, but this was her face after trying the cranberry sauce.

I love this picture of Ashley and Anna Claire!
Ben and I have so much to be thankful for!

3 comments:

Vanessa said...

Oh how I miss our days in F! I love the new pictures - I can't get over how fast Anna Claire is growing - she can't possibly be starting to eat table foods! Mason looks adorable as ever. What precious boys we have! Miss y'all and looking forward to seeing you on Sunday!!

Welcome to Walker's Blog! said...

It's amazing how much our baby boys are turning into BIG boys. It is such a big difference looking back at Walker and Mason's pictures from last year. Anna Claire's face is priceless:) And Papa Rich looks great.

I had a great time with on Friday night! Much love!

"Cookie" said...

It amazes me every time I see a new photo of Mason... I swear he went from little baby looking boy to BIG boy over night.

AC...she is just too cute! Kinda makes me want a girl..... OK, I'm over it! :)